<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7299336300122445970?origin\x3dhttp://mycolourfulmemories.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bad Service
Today i experienced some unhappiness @ Charles & Keith, Bugis.
This is the complant letter that i wrote in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
17 July 2008


Charles & Keith
21 Tai Seng Street
Charles & Keith Building
Singapore 534166
Attn: Manager, Customer Service

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I am writing to inform you of my dissatisfaction with the service provided by your staff named Yin Kwan at Bugis Junction outlet this afternoon at 12.25pm.

Firstly, I wanted to purchase vouchers ($40) and Yin Kwan attended to me as she was at the counter. She saw me holding on to my Nets card and she highlighted to me that I can only make payment using cash for purchase of vouchers. I asked her why is that so. She said I cannot pay by Nets for vouchers. I asked her for a reason. Immediately, she gave me a hostile glare and a sigh. She then waved at her colleague Rong Fang gesturing to her that she needs help. When Rong Fang was approaching the counter, she walked away without informing me that she will get another person to attend to me.

Secondly, when Rong Fang attended to me, she told me the same thing as Yin Kwan previously mentioned. I told her I do not have enough cash with me, why can’t I pay using Nets. She replied me in mandarin:” It’s best that you use cash.” I was puzzled and I quoted her:” You said ‘its best’, meaning to say I can choose to pay by Nets too right?” I left her speechless but to agree with me and proceed with the transaction.

Lastly, when I probe Rong Fang further to give me an explanation on why cash payment only. I can fully understand if it is due to company policy to pay via cash for vouchers, as some company do that. Her reply was such that it is because when they do closing, there might be discrepancies. I was astonished by her reply. This has got nothing to do with customers like us. It is how you, as cashier or sales staff to do the settlement or keying the wrong figure that causes that, isn’t it?

Could I please ask you to look into these matters - not only on my behalf but also on behalf of other consumers, and in fact on behalf of your company, too.

I look forward to hear from you.

Yours faithfully
Ms Kyann Lim

~ { 16:58 }
surrounded by colours of the rainbow;